Give your AA community another lifeline with
24/7 online chat
for those who may not be ready to pick up the phone
“Just like answering the phones, online chat is just another way I can carry the message of Alcoholics Anonymous to the suffering alcoholic who needs help.”- AA member, Online Chat 12 Step Volunteer
Why add online chat to your website?
For every person who dials an AA phone hotline, there are 10’s or 100’s more who are just not ready to pick up the phone. But they are ready to chat online with the members of AA.
- Available 24/7
- Staffed by AA Volunteers
- Easy-To-Use Chat App
- Easy Website Integration
I Am Responsible.
When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, I want the hand of A.A. always to be there. And for that: I am responsible.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
What about Anonymity?
Most social media apps like Facebook and Twitter are designed to help people connect by publishing private info so people can find each other using searches. As a result, it can be hard to maintain anonymity. However, the AA Chat App uses a different platform built for anonymity. The only information it asks for is:
- a nickname
- an email address (confidential)
- a password
In fact, there is no place in the AA Chat App for personal information like last name, workplace, or other personal information.
In addition, the AA Chat Room is moderated using the AA Chat Room Rules & Guidelines built upon AA’s Twelve Traditions.
Do we need to find 12 step volunteers?
No. The AA Chat App already has AA members online ready to help newcomers who reach out for help. You do not need to find extra 12 step volunteers to add online AA chat support to your website.
Regardless of whether AA Chat is integrated on your website, your AA community is welcome to join AA Chat and carry the message of Alcoholics Anonymous through 12 step work at any time.
What about the traditions?
While we are not affiliated with or endorsed by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc. we are guided by each of the 12 Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous. Most often, however, people want to know the following traditions-related information:
- We have but one primary purpose – to carry the AA message to the alcoholic who still suffers.
- We do not endorse, finance or lend the AA name to any related facility or outside enterprise.
- We are fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions.
- The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking
- We have no opinion on outside issues so that the AA name ought never be drawn into public controversy
- Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than promotion; we maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio, films, and internet.
- Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions
How do we add it to our website?
It’s really easy.
To Add the Blue Chat Dot:
For each page where you want the blue dot to appear, add the following line of code anywhere in the <body> section:
<script src=”https://crate.widgetbot.io/js” server=”387487470289158145|387487470289158147″ options=”1010/?bu=Click to chat&bl=people in room”>
To Add a Link:
If you would prefer to add a traditional link to your menu, link directly to https://aachats.org